Be prepared for winter storms and power outages
Polk-Burnett linemen work year round to strengthen the electric distribution system and prevent power outages, but winter storms are always a threat. Wind, snow and ice can damage power lines and cause power outages.
If your lights go out this winter:
1. Check circuit breakers, fuses and the neighbors.
2. Report outages on SmartHub or 800-421-0283.
3. Keep away from fallen power lines, and trees and branches near lines. Report these hazards.
4. Crews respond to hazards, substations and major distribution lines first, followed by smaller tap lines and individual service lines.
Our goal is to restore power safely and quickly, while keeping you informed.
Visit our outage map or call our 24-hour outage line. Co-op operators and linemen are available 24/7: 800-421-0283.
Polk-Burnett's outage map keeps you informed when the lights go out:
- See outage location.
- See if help has been dispatched.
- See how many affected.
- See estimated restoration time for large outages.
Enroll to receive an outage text and we'll let you know when the power goes out at your location.
For more information, see power outage FAQs.