Polk-Burnett supports the development of renewable energy to diversify generation resources, provide clean energy for our members and help keep energy rates stable for the future. We also advocate conservation and the efficient use of energy.
- SunTuria Solar, a 10-acre solar array at Polk-Burnett in Centuria, is the largest utility-scale solar in our service territory. It began generating power in 2017.
- Co-generation/net metering purchases excess power generated by consumer-owned renewable energy system.
- Evergreen allows members to purchase blocks of renewable energy, without owning your own solar panels or wind turbines.
- Energy Sense rebates help members conserve and save with energy-efficient appliances, lighting, HVAC, as well as geothermal and renewable energy systems.
- Load management, off-peak electric service and products reduce the need for power generation.
See Dairyland Power Cooperative's 2017 Renewable Energy Program
Polk-Burnett is a distribution cooperative and does not own or operate power plants. Electricity is purchased from Dairyland Power Cooperative. Dairyland's 2017 generation mix:
- 70% from coal
- 10% from wind, solar and other renewables
- 7% from natural gas
- 13% other
Dairyland is working to reduce coal generation to about 50% by 2025.
Support generation of renewable power with Evergreen, a voluntary green power program for co-op members.
For more information, contact member services, 800-421-0283, ext. 595 or e-mail.