Polk-Burnett Electric Cooperative’s Operation Round Up program awarded $20,730 to assist 16 nonprofits serving our community in July. Summer Operation Round Up grant recipients are:
1. Luck School District, $1,000, kitchen equipment for family and consumer science room
2. Osceola Elementary School, $1,000, preschool learning games and toys
3. AYSO Region 1437 Soccer, St. Croix Falls, $500, field rental and goals
4. Friends of Wisconsin Interstate Park, $1,000, repair fishing pier
5. Kinship of Polk County, $1,500, youth mentoring program
6. Centuria Public Library, $1,000, summer reading program
7. St. Croix Falls Historical Society, $1,000, interior paint, window repair for Little Red Schoolhouse
8. Moms and Dads Against Meth, $1,000, Butterfly House sober residence for women
9. Amery Area Food Pantry, $2,000, food and household supplies for local families
10. Family Pathways, $4,000, food shelves in St. Croix Falls and Frederic ($2,000 each)
11. Amery High School, $1,000, mental health collaborative
12. Webster Area Chamber of Commerce, $1,200, community website and portable sound system
13. Luck Elementary School, $500, reading backpack program
14. Burnett County 4-H, $1,500, 4-H camperships for local kids and Project Einstein STEM challenge
15. Interfaith Caregivers of Burnett County, $1,500, wheelchair ramps
16. Polk County Agriculture Advocates, $1,030, historical markers and book for Century Farms
Funding for Operation Round Up is donated by members of Polk-Burnett Electric Cooperative who round their monthly electric bill up to the next even dollar amount. Grant recipients are selected quarterly by a committee of co-op members, with financial donations awarded to nonprofit organizations that improve our local quality of life.
“As a cooperative, Polk-Burnett is member and community focused. We are proud to support our local youth and community through Operation Round Up, and we thank our members for your participation and generosity,” said Polk-Burnett General Manager Steve Stroshane.
Nonprofit organizations interested in applying for a grant or co-op members who’d like to round their bill up in support of Operation Round Up may contact 800-421-0283 or visit our Operation Round Up webpage. The next application deadline is September 1.